From: eflorio at edmaster.it (Elia Florio)
Subject: New Win32 Worm regsvc32.exe offers rootkit features

Hi list,
my Symantec AV Corporate Edition v 8.00.9374
with Scan Engine - 4.1.0.15 and last updates (28/3/2004 rev.50)
does not found any worm or virus in your file (regsvc32.exe).
Maybe a new worm or a modified old worm.

The file try to impersonate real "\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\regsvr32.exe"
with a fake name, but instead is a worm compressed with ASPack 2.12.
If you look at import table, the worm seems to use
"NetShareEnum", "ShellExecuteA" and winsock API from Windows.

I think it's not a full-rootkit as you say, but maybe contains some stealth
code because import "EnumProcessModules" from psapi.dll, used to list
Windows process list.

EF