From: tremaine.lea at sjrb.ca (Tremaine Lea)
Subject: Re: [FD] FD should block attachments

________________________________

	From: Bart.Lansing@...ls.com [mailto:Bart.Lansing@...ls.com]
	Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 11:32 AM
	To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com;
full-disclosure-admin@...ts.netsys.com
	Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: [FD] FD should block attachments

	Paul,

	It seems we are trading valid concerns...

	One potential solution might be a common web-based repository
(hosted by some kind soul who has the willingess and wherewhithal to do
it...any reputable volunteers?) that could be used by all members to drop
files, then point to them within the messages to the group via URL.  Of
course that has the potential to be misused in a variety of ways and would
have to be administered, and really, someone is still footing the bill.  I
don't know that I would really liken the people sending files along to this
group to spammers...but the analogy is useful in terms of making your point.

	Bart Lansing
	Manager, Desktop Services
	Kohl's IT

------

Couldn't these folks then simply make use of the web based archives at
http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/ ?  This allows them to
browse according to topic, or perhaps even refine their searches via google.

I do understand the concern re bandwidth, but perusing the list by email is
not the only solution available to interested parties.

Tremaine