From: cmeinel at techbroker.com (Carolyn Meinel)
Subject: A sucker is born every day

At 05:40 PM 4/5/2004, you wrote:
>And this comes from the same person who accused schematic of the
>happyhacker days of being a crack addict - and threatening him with jail.

Excuse me? Since when have I said that?

The supermarket checkout aisles are full of publications that cater to
people who believe everything they hear or read. This email list, I would
hope, could rise above that level except when it is really close to April
1.  I'm only writing this because every once in awhile I feel sorry for the
gullible. If I were into defending myself I'd do like Martin and write
these long point by point rebuttals. But most people are intelligent enough
to figure such things out for themselves.

Actually despite his efforts, Martin does get a hugely bum rap, for example
in that June 2000 Vanity Fair article, where Burrough failed to realize
that Martin is a brilliant student of the dynamics of cyberwar. Unlike
Vranesevich, who creates fake personas, Martin operates in the open.
Vranesevich assumed Martin was being a criminal when Martin was studying
the dynamics of cyberwar for DSIC. Most importantly, consider that Martin
works for companies (DSIC, now it is a subsidiary of CACI) which work on
"black" contracts. Hint: add up contracts from the Commerce Business Dialy,
subtract from total company income as stated in CACI's SEC 10-K and you get
black income. Voila!

So Martin is unable by the nature of his work to fully defend what he is
doing. So all these people beat up on him. How's that for unfair?

OK, so that is just an example of how it's not wise to believe everything
you read or hear. You look at Martin's web site and he kind of looks like a
sleazeball, but there is a purpose behind it. And he's not at liberty to
divulge everything. Give the guy a break.

Carolyn Meinel
http://happyhacker.org
http://techbroker.com
505-281-9675

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Gravity...it's not just a good idea.  It's the law.