From: fulldisc at ultratux.org (Maarten)
Subject: Wiretap or Magic Lantern? (on PGP)

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 18:15, Feher Tamas wrote:

> >>The terrorsts are not stupid, they use strong encryption
> >>and there is some proof that PGP repels USA.
> >
> >Please disclose this proof.
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,110841,00.asp

Okay look, I'm not saying they can crack it, and I'm not saying they can't...

But if you were wearing a tin-foil hat, you might seriously want to ask
yourself these two basic questions:

* If the italians cracked the encryption, would they publicize that ?

* If the NSA could crack it, would they tell any foreign government ?

The right answer, IMHO, to both questions would be: NO.

> PGP Encryption Proves Powerful
> by Philip Willan, IDG News, 26 May 2003

Them having crypto technology that is 'uncrackable' is good.
You having cracked that without them being aware is priceless.
    (see also: WWII, Enigma)
See my point ?

Maarten

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.