From: hughmann at hotmail.com (Hugh Mann)
Subject: 1 year to fix a critical vuln [WAS: Heap Overflow in Oracle 9iAS .....]

>Vulnerability History
>---------------------
>

>     DATE                                INFO
>-------------    ------------------------------------------------------
>17 April 2003    Vulnerability Discovered
>22 April 2003    Contacted CERT
>23 April 2003    Contacted Oracle                 23 April 2003    CERT
>Replied - Assign VU#643985
>12 March 2004    Oracle Security Alert #66 Rev.1 Released                 2
>April 2004    Oracle Security Alert #66 Rev.2 Released with Credits
>  8 April 2004    Public Advisory Released to
>bugtraq@...urityfocus.com                  vulnwatch@...nwatch.org
>                  full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com

What a world we live in when it takes one year for a company to fix their
bug and the company reporting the vuln doesn't care it takes a year either.
Waiting a year to fix a vuln is NOT security. Fix it ASAP.

I know why this happened. These so called security companies, and you know
who you are, are too afraid to put more pressure on the companies hiring
amateur programmers. They're afraid someone will say they're helping hackers
by releasing their advisories if Buggy Company Ltd. doesn't fix the bug in
time so they wait and wait and wait. What the hell happened to max 30 days?
Which company will be first to wait 2 years to fix a vuln?