From: full-disclosure at illuminated.nl (Aschwin Wesselius)
Subject: Any thoughts on War-Googling?

Gregory A. Gilliss wrote:

> Been there ... done that. +"Index of" would (and still will) supply
> numerous candidates for further study =;^)
>
> You mean someone wrote an *article* about this? Who - Meinel? <LOL>

> On or about 2004.04.18 18:42:07 +0000, Aschwin Wesselius
> (full-disclosure@...uminated.nl) said:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there anybody who is common with the technique described in this
>> article?
>>
>> http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=207
>>
>> It says something about using Google to target servers by searching
>> paths to vulnerabilities.
>>
>> Any thoughts on that?
>>
>> Kind regards,

It is not really about wether or not it is known as technique perse, but
as used into a worm (can you call it a worm?). A program wich adopts the
results of a Google query and takes actions upon it by exploiting the
vulnerabilities found.

Off course, people on this list know about Google as a tool for finding
URLs with dubious locations (like somebodies admin folder). But using a
tool for doing that and reducing the "target by the numbers" mentality
is very new to me at least.

But from the reactions of some people I can conclude that no tool is yet
implemented on this kind of theory?

Kind regards,

Aschwin Wesselius

PS: Thanks for the replies so far