From: bsd at pal3.org (Asenchi)
Subject: Firewall solution for Windows 2003 Server

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:18:50 +0200
Ondrej Krajicek <krajicek@....muni.cz> so eloquently said:

+> I would like to see your opinion on currently available firewall
+> products for Windows Server 2003. I am looking for simple
+> firewall solution as an _additional_ protection measure
+> for our servers.
+>
+> We all surely know about poor Windows logging (when it comes
+> to information coverage). I want a simple packet filter
+> running as a service logging everything. I was happy with
+> Kerio Personal Firewall, but Kerio no longer supports
+> Windows servers with this product.
+>
+> I do not need router capabilities, just local packet filter.

You could always configure a firewall, do you have a p100 or something
lying around?  Slap OpenBSD on it, configure pf (all can be done in
about 2 hours) and sit back and enjoy...

This is, in my opinion, better than buying software/hardware.  It is
easily upgradable and there is very active development on it.  Plus all
of the options you have.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html

Good luck.

--