From: CHRISTOPHER.D.STARFORD at saic.com (Starford, Christopher D.)
Subject: Top 15 Reasons Why Admins Use Security Scan
	 ners

First an auditor checks for vulnerabilities of course (this is for
validation not to make that determination based on the auditee's saying or
reports from third party scanners). Then the auditor will determine the
extent and security surrounding those vulns and what the auditee is either
required (policy/procedure) or recommended (best practice) to fix those
vulnerabilities and stay secure.

Christopher D. Starford
SAIC Enterprise Security Sulutions