From: cscott at fluidsmgmt.com (Chris Scott)
Subject: LSASS exploit win32 binary

Does anyone have snort sigs or any means of defending against the worms that
are exploiting this? Several acquaintances of mine which work for edu's are
reporting their networks being affected by this in a big way. They have 2k
machines which apparently broke when applied with the MS04-011 patch.

Am I correct in saying that LSASS cannot be disabled completely because the
Security Accounts Manager service which uses LSASS is required for normal
operation of Windows?