From: alerta at redsegura.com (Alerta Redsegura)
Subject: Learn from history?

> My only point is, SMB businesses are not prepared to pay for advanced
> security, which you say I should provide, and to whick I totally agree.
>
> Maybe my boss does not have the right business plan and marketing
> to 'sell'
> security. Probably.

The first thing to determine with the company management is: What happens to
the company if their network is down 1h? 2h? One day? One week?  How much
money does that represent?  If data is lost, how much does it cost to
re-build it (resources, time spent, etc.)?

If you clearly assess the risks and come up with a solution showing an
adequate cost-benefit ratio and you compare it to the possible losses,
chances are that management will approve your proposal, regardless of the
company size (from SMB to Fortune-100).

I?igo Koch
Red Segura