From: xtrecate at spymac.com (xtrecate@...mac.com)
Subject: Psexec on *NIX

One can't always be sure that SSH will be installed on the _Windows_ server
you'd like to run a command on.  At least not in large windows networks.
Psexec does not rely on any 3rd party service installations (i.e. ssh), and
so should function across a domain and via vpn with no additional software
needed.

IMHO needing to run the occasional command on a single machine amongst
thousands doesn't warrant widespread ssh (or whatever) deployment.