From: Michael.Schmidt at T-Mobile.com (Schmidt, Michael R.)
Subject: Calcuating Loss

I think that part of the evolution is to lock people who create these things up for a *very* long time.  It will deter the script kittens when they start to find that their computers are confiscated and their parents homes are sold to pay for the "loss" incurred by there stupidity.  The real black hats will be deterred when 20 FBI/CIA whoever agents drag them from their homes at gunpoint with the handcuffs tight around there wrists.

The consequences need to be severe enough.  In order to accomplish that our infrastructure has got to support the basic ability to find people who cause problems.  Anonymity is not an option.