From: Michael.Schmidt at T-Mobile.com (Schmidt, Michael R.)
Subject: Wireless ISPs

It is one part not knowing and one part training. And there will always be the people who are just plain and simple too stupid to deal with reality, that's where we get drug addicts, drunks and people smoking that last cigarette as the take their last breath...  These people are taught, they have been told, but they still do stupid things. It's the nature of the beast people, get used to it.

Sure a small child would drink bleach cause they didn't know better, but grown adults sniff glue and paint, someone somewhere they learned but what?  It didn't take.  People are sheep and need to be told what to do, deny it all you want but it is the truth.

That's why we require responsibility - or at least registration before we let citizens do some things, like drive, like drink, how about getting on the net?

How hard would it be to have a few companies start a "secure" Internet?  All access is by licensed know individuals.  No more hacking, no more slacking.  If we don't know you, then you don't get access.  If suspicious activity comes from you IP you get closed down till we know your machine is safe.  That's where I'd go for all of my financial transactions.  The Internet is the Wild West and I am only there because it is the only game in town.  And think, with a "restart" it could be built right from the start.

Come on people we let terrorists and criminals in on this thing voluntarily.  How smart are we?

Keeping my home network safe requires way too much freaking time - but since we are pioneers I am willing to take a few arrows, but someday this wild and wooly place will grow up, become civilized and you'll all start carrying a "Net" license in your pocket