From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Support the Sasser-author fund started

--- Konstantin V. Gavrilenko wrote:
snip snip

> My personal opinion is that more blame should be put on M$. But where
> would the security industry be if not for Microsoft's products :)

 But Microsoft released a patch for the security hole that was found, I
don't care if it was 5 days or 5 years after they were told about it, they
still released the patch before the worm was written!  THEY are not to blame
and shouldn't be prosecuted, nor should the IDIOTS that didn't apply that
patch, the person that wrote and released the worm is the one that pulled
the trigger.  Plain and simple.  In this case he wrote more than one (he did
write NetSky as well), and knowingly and admittingly released the worms to
cause harm to other people's computer systems.  Supposedly to increase
business for a familiy computer shop.
  this kid is as guilty as the day is long guys.... he should pay for his
crime, perhaps not with 20 years in prison, but at least 6 - 12 months in
prison, 5 years of probation and 1000 hours community service with zero
access to computers for those 5 years.

 Exibar