From: mroetto at cox.net (Mike Roetto)
Subject: Support the Sasser-author fund started

I tend to give MS alot of credit, their patch availability tools are
best-of-class, IMO, and they have done so at considerable cost.

That said, a few glaring examples makes me question their general business
sense.  What are we up to , 3rd or 4th RPC patch now?  Even with large
enterprises, governments, and military looking at open-source in ever
increasing numbers,  MS doggedly hangs on to this dog API.

The fact that the RPC vulnerabilities stretch from NT4 to XP SP1 (8 years),
shows they haven't yet "gotten it", and overhauled this interface
line-by-line.  A secondary argument could be made about the various IIS
scripting problems.

If MS doesn't get their act together, and folks starting put Linux out en
masse on the desktop, well, our lives are going to be really interesting
then. :-)

-m