From: shage at optonline.net (Shane C. Hage)
Subject: Support the Sasser-author fund started

Bill,

I agree with most of your statements below.  However, with competing
operating systems such as those you mentioned below plus OS/2 and Apple
Macintosh in the 1980's, the business leaders and consumers chose Windows.

I think people forget that Microsoft must have filled a gap that these other
operating systems didn't.  How can we blame Microsoft for capitalizing on
the need at the time?

When the Internet revolution started, there was no way to predict the
magnitude that a malicious program could have across the world.  Sure,
Microsoft is playing catch-up with security.  They are just filling the gap
in their own products now.

-Shane