From: tobias at weisserth.de (Tobias Weisserth)
Subject: Agobot author is a pacifist?

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 11:59, Larry Seltzer wrote:
> There's more evidence from this story that he's a "coward" than a "pacifist"
>
> Do they draft 21 year-olds in Germany?

Yes. Every German male citizen can be drafted until he is 27 or in the
case that he studied medical science he can be drafted until he is older
than 29. You cannot be drafted while your in some educational
institution. But if you eluded the draft because you went to university
they just wait until you're finished ;-) But today, the chance of being
drafted is very low.

In case of a sudden need every German male can be drafted until the age
of 65 or in the case of members of the reserve who hold the rank of an
officer the age is 60.

The percentage of male Germans being drafted is very low in comparison
to the total of the suitable population of a certain age. There is a
very high chance that one doesn't have to serve even though the person
has received a draft letter.

Those who have to serve have always the choice between military service
(9 months including almost one month vacation) and civil service (12
months including one month vacation and often better pay).

My personal opinion about people trying to elude the service is very
clear. Kick them and kick them hard. Especially if it's an unemployed
author of a virus.

Tobias