From: godsmoke at godsmoke.com (Christopher Blume)
Subject: Agobot author is a pacifist?

I've spend some time with this topic.  Thinking about it, that is.  Here
we are, in a "free" country.  Hypothetically, each of us, as a citizen
needs to participate in the framework structure of our country.  As of
now, the general citizen does that through taxes.  Officially, we still
have a drafting system (although it's a nice government-supported sexist
movement).  That drafting system is in place for "emergencies."

So, given that, we have to evaluate if the general citizen paying taxes
is enough participation (admission, if you will) in order to live in
this country.  Being someone who isn't exactly ready to grab a gun and
kill some people who happen to be citizens of a political enemy of
America, I tend to think that taxes should be enough :)

On the other hand, I do understand the need for a draft, as what is a
country to do -- hypothetically -- if we had nobody left to fight for us?

It's a question that boils down to a lot of personal experience.  I
guess I'd like to say that we should have a draft, I just hope that I'm
never drafted.

Christopher Blume