From: jeremiah at nur.net (Jeremiah Cornelius)
Subject: Slowly down the drain

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 07:41, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks that this list is slowly descending into
> complete worthlessness?  It's amazing.  The kiddies tried to destroy it
> early on and failed.  So then the members of the list did the job for them.
> Worthless topic after worthless topic until the real purpose of the list
> has evaporated into nothing.  Such a waste.  (And *this* will devolve into
> another 250 post thread about nothing.)

So i will begin to fulfill your prophecy.

Yeah - the peak of this group was around 1 year ago - up to and through the
Dcom/RPC and SoBig problems.  Gosh, the signal/noise was only about 1/12 back
then.

We have "progressed" in to Slashdot territory since then - and no Mod points
or "Friend" badges to go with it.