From: kenng at kpmg.com (Ng, Kenneth (US))
Subject: Cisco's stolen code

Brian: I will give you another good reason to not go near the stolen code.
If you EVER want to work on any project that is even remotely related to
routers, or routing or anything else that Cisco equipment can do, you can
not have touched any of the stolen code, or your code will be suspect.
(Your accounting package has queues?  Cisco IOS has queues (I assume), you
must have copied it.)  Even if your writing the code entirely from scratch,
because you have seen the stolen code, you may be suspect.  Is it unfair?
Definitely.  But this is why the GNU people emphasize staying away from any
licensed source code.