From: chows at ozemail.com.au (Gregh)
Subject: Odd packet?

----- Original Message -----
From: <full-disclosure@....hush.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Odd packet?

> >Getting quite a few 127.0.0.1 on differing
> >ports lately and I know it isn't
> >originating FROM this machine. Haven't
> >sniffed any packets but they come up
> >in logs.
>
> >Anyone know of anything that spoofs as
> >coming from 127.0.0.1 but comes from
> >outside and what it may relate to? Only
> >been the last week and nothing changed here.
> >Thanks for any help.
>
> Wow.  Quite possibly the most vague description
> of a problem I've seen on FD for a while.  You
> gave a source address and that's all (localhost
> no less).
>
> It seems that you need to do a little research
> of your own before posting to a list like FD.

I am fairly certain that I did say, as you quoted above, that it didn't come
FROM this machine. I am quite well aware what 127.0.0.1 is by what I posted.

If you cant bother posting something helpful, why did you reply at all?

Thanks to all the others who DID reply with something useful, though.

Greg.