From: lists at ktabic.co.uk (ktabic)
Subject: Cisco's stolen code

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 06:53, roman.kunz@...iusbaer.com wrote:
> now when it hits Cisco, everybody say its a crime lurking for the code or
> publicating it. BUT when it hit M$ everybody thought, its a great idea to
> share the stolen source code all over the internet (yes also on FD).
>
> funny...

Not quite the impression I got. When the MS code leaked, there where
alot of people, on this list and elsewhere that stated quite simply: if
you write code, especially if you write open source code, do not
approach the MS source, do not touch the MS source code, even with a ten
foot barge pole.

All the arguements againist touching the Cisco source are the same as
all the arguements againist touching the MS source. A bit more refined,
but the same.

ktabic
--
www.ktabic.co.uk
Many sysadmins won't give you the time of day.