From: jeruvy at shaw.ca (Jeruvy)
Subject: RE: Multiple vulnerabilities PHP-Nuke

This does not apply to any site that has applied the security fixes
available for many, many months.  This is only affecting phpnuke.org
distro's, not any 'modified' or 'secured' distro, like betaNC, CPG-NUKE,
and others...

No additional patches dealing with these specifics below applied to
php-nuke 7.0 only the security patches.

A. Generates a proper ACCESS DENIED page, no PATH DISCLOSURE.
RESULT:

"You are trying to access a restricted area.

We are Sorry, but this section of our site is for Registered Users Only.
You can register for free by clicking here, then you can
access this section without restrictions. Thanks."

B. No CSS exploit.  Same result as above.  Below example was sanitized
prior to GET:
------------
RESULT:

modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=postcomment&id='%3Ch1%3EDarkBicho%3C/h1&tit
le=a
modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=postcomment&id='&title=%3Ch1%3EDarkBicho%3C
/h1%3E

So as long as you've addressed the age-old bugs that still haven't been
fixed in the basic PHP-Nuke distro's then you may be vulnerable.
However these methods have long been squashed in patches available, and
do not affect newer, secure distro's such as betaNC or CPG-Nuke.

Again, I added no new patches to test these potentials in the last 30
days.  And they simply are not a factor.

Sincerely,

J.
j e r u v y a t s h a w d o t c a