From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: !! Internet Explorer !!

>        Yesterday i was visitng web sites. so i felt
> my computer slow. and that time i shutdown my
> computer and go somewhere. now today i restarted my
> computer and when i open internet explorer i got Web
> Page. Which i didn't SET. and now i am not able to
> write www.anydomain.com . when i type it gave me
> error. and it is also opening Popup window
> advertise. and it has 2 files in my windows
> directory. when i removed them it comes back again.
> So please tell me,
> 1) what  is  it?

Sounds like some sort of spyware/annoy-ware, that
hijacks your default web page, feeds pop-ups, etc.
>From what little you've said, sounds like a Browswer
Helper Object, perhaps.

Some things you might mention are, what's this web
page that you see, but didn't set?  What's the URL?

> 2) how i can delete/remove it ?

Spybot Search and Destroy.  AdAware.  HijackThis.  Run
them all.

> 3) how i got this thing ?

>From web surfing.  It's also likely that you don't
have (up-to-date) antivirus software.

> 4) how to secure from this thing ?

Stop using IE.  Try FireFox or Netscape.