From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: PestPatrol (was: !! Internet Explorer !!)

It actually does a reasonable job at remvoing and preventing some items more
generally accepted being pests other than whitepapers on mostly harmless
hacking. They juist have a different view what pests are, including
documents on making bombs and picking locks. Probably things you don't want
on corporate puters if you are a CEO, I guess.

The most interesting part is that you can use it on a netwerk, albeit over
netbios. AdAware, CWS shredder and Hijaak This are local tools, aimed at
home users. Since many AV-products see pest control as a sideshow, there is
a definite niche market for this product. But it could and should be a lot
better, technically. Either the av makers will fill the gap - my AV thingie
is getting there really fast - or a major player will take over. Unless
PestPatrol cleans up their act.