From: hackerwacker at cybermesa.com (james edwards)
Subject: Akamai

> "Young called it a "large scale, international attack on Internet
> infrastructure." However, there was no evidence that non-Akamai
> infrastructure was affected."
>
> http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040615/D837KIU00.html
>
> Regards,
> Brent

With an attack of this indicated size, there are always choke points
just prior to the DoS traffic hitting the intended hosts. These choke points
tend to be NAP's or IX'es. The real harm gets done at these points, where
the DoS converges. So far no one has spoken up on NANOG with issues
at NAP's or IX'es. With the last big DDoS of the DNS root's the roots never
when down;
it was the access points just prior to the root that took the beating. I had
no problems with
any east or west coast NAP's or IX'es this morning nor were any problems
reported on NANOG.

james