From: peter at bank-connect.com (Peter van den Heuvel)
Subject: Akamai

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> If networks simply took responsibility for the traffic that comes from
> them, this problem wouldn't exist.
Indeed. DNS's, AS's and what not else is required to make the internet
tick; all is centrally controlled and delegated. What's missing is a
flanking reverse of resposibilities. It's idiotic that providers or even
full countries can completely ignore / reject any complaint without
having their AS or DNS taken down.

> Unless networks begin doing this routinely (including ISPs), legislation
> will be introduced to "solve" the problem, and then we will all be much
> worse off.  There's nothing like a law to completely screw things up.
Amen!

Peter