From: ahulsebos at wolfpack.nl (Arjan Hulsebos)
Subject: [Fwd: Caveat Lector: Beastie Boys Evil]

> The sad part about this entire topic is the futility of attempting to copy
> protect in the first place. So they install some software and Mac and
> Win... then some Linux kiddie rips the CD and puts it on P2P and it's out
> now for the whole world. All it takes is one person to break it and it's
> all over. What a waste of resources trying to protect it.

Or even the mere fact that if I can play a "protected" CD on a device that
has a "line out", I can feed that into the sound card of my PC. Granted,
there's some loss there, but not a whole lot, I'd reckon.

Choosing the right [IOS] image is almost an NP-complete problem even with
feature navigator!
                                           -- Priscilla Oppenheimer
dr. Arjan Hulsebos
Security Engineer