From: mvp at joeware.net (joe)
Subject: M$ - so what should they do?

Anything specific?

Obviously this isn't going to happen in the short term and even long term
your statement doesn't say the specific issue you feel is in the "basic
windows design" that you think is wrong? Is it virtualization of memory?
Support of GUI interfaces? What?

At the very least what is the top hitter you think needs to be addressed in
technical specifics not something like IE sucks and which btw, isn't a basic
windows design piece. When I think basic windows design I think core pieces,
api level and lower, not interfaces that makes your britches itch.

I ask this because there are a lot of people who go around complaining that
Windows Sucks and that it is obvious why yet can't state one solid concrete
thing let alone a solid concrete basic core Windows thing and how they think
it should be redone. I am not saying there aren't things that do suck and I
have been very vocal myself with MS concerning these things especially with
Exchange and if you go back a few years to code red days you will find
usenet posts from me blistering MS over the "on by default" paradigm they
followed for so long. Yes they have issues, but what do you think they are
that is so flawed in the basic design that takes a complete redesign.

  joe