From: mbs at mistrealm.com (Michael Schaefer)
Subject: M$ - so what should they do?

Well, lets see, moving away from the Registry (single point of failure)
would be a good step.

Separating the operating system from programs would be great, I don't
like the fact that everything and it's brother thinks it can or should
dump files into the system directory.

What else is flawed? What other changes should be made?