From: marklist at comcast.net (marklist@...cast.net)
Subject: M$ Getting Better?

This guy is the king of trolls... His resume shows no experience with any flavor of unix, yet he feels compelled to come into a security ML and try to convice people that MS products are the most secure products around.

I for one, DO have experience in both Windows and Unix system administration, and everyone of our internet facing machines is running Linux.  Why?  Because for me they are easier to secure.  I can turn off any services that I don't need, I have a fully-functional firewall on every box, and I don't have to reboot once a month to stay secure(all updates are currently automated, only kernel vulns need a reboot).

Yes, you may be able to do most of that on a windows box, but probably not without purchasing 3rd party software.

You are giving people a hard time for bashing Microsoft, but face it: this is a security mailing list, and MS is not known for having a stellar history as far as security goes.   You might as well call into Air America and start pushing how great a person Ann Coulter is.

Wrong venue... Go vent at microsoft.public.we.love.what.billy.tells.us.to.love.

-Shub