From: Roger_Howorth at vnu.co.uk (Roger Howorth)
Subject: PIX vs CheckPoint

Like a few other comments already, I would also recommend using iptables --
it's a stateful inspection firewall that's included with every Linux
distribution I've come across, and also crops up in many/all? Linux
appliance firewalls. "iptables -L" will print the firewall rules to the
screen if iptables is installed and running.

Some folks like to write their firewall rules by hand, but there is also an
excellent piece of open source called fwbuilder - again, some others have
already mentioned it in this thread. In my experience fwbuilder can be a
real pain to install with certain Linux distributions, but those problems
completely disappear using gentoo linux.

-Roger

VNU BUSINESS PUBLICATIONS LIMITED (VNU)  32-34 Broadwick Street, London,
W1A 2HG  Tel: +44 (0) 20 7316 9000? Fax: +44 (0) 20 7316 9003  This e-mail
is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
dissemination of this communication or any part of it is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify VNU
immediately using the contact details above and then delete this e-mail.
Please note that e-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception
and unauthorised amendment. VNU does not accept any liability for any such
corruption, interception, amendment or the consequences thereof.