From: 1 at malware.com (http-equiv@...ite.com)
Subject: SUPER SPOOF  DELUXE Re: Microsoft and Security

That's very sweet of you my dear. Instead of guessing like you
normally do you, you're now thinking.

You're now replicating the exact same demos that are currently
on the table. Not like the pretended before. But you're a bit
late to the party. Because this has to be specially crafted and
is only functional under a set of circumstances. That my boy is
what security is about.

I am in the process of engaging a 'real' security expert, the
original finder from 6 years ago, to explain it, since despite
self-proclamations about our expertise, we all know nothing.

Some of us aren't shy about that, others...well...you know.

Thor Larholm <thor@...x.com> said:

> Both you and I know perfectly well that Windows Update serves a
> different page for non-IE browsers, and that that page does
not contain
> any frames. You should focus on the facts instead of letting
your hatred
> for Microsoft overwhelm you.
>
> Since you have trouble reproducing a very simple example I
have instead
> put this example online:
>
> http://www.jscript.dk/2004/7/subframe/
>
> Open the page. Click the first button called "Open window".
Click the
> second button called "Load page". See that the page from
geocities.com
> is now loaded inside the subframe on jscript.dk.
>
> As you can see, this is perfectly reproduceable in both IE,
Mozilla,
> Firefox and Opera. This is of course provided that they allow
popups in
> the first place, but as I mentioned in my previous posts you
can
> acomplish the same with inline frames instead of a new browser
window.

> To make doubly sure, I even downloaded fresh copies of Firefox
0.9.1
> (worked fine in 'Safe Mode' as well) and Opera 7.51.
>

> Regards
>
> Thor Larholm
> Senior Security Researcher
> PivX Solutions
> 23 Corporate Plaza #280
> Newport Beach, CA 92660
> http://www.pivx.com
> thor@...x.com
> Stock symbol: (PIVX.OB)
> Phone: +1 (949) 231-8496
> PGP: 0x5A276569
> 6BB1 B77F CB62 0D3D 5A82 C65D E1A4 157C 5A27 6569
>
> PivX defines a new genre in Desktop Security: Proactive Threat
> Mitigation.
> <http://www.pivx.com/qwikfix>
Microsoft and

--