From: stephane.nasdrovisky at paradigmo.com (stephane nasdrovisky)
Subject: Successful in blocking all known exploits

Maarten wrote:

>On Saturday 03 July 2004 18:25, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, RandallM wrote:
>>

>>>After a number of years, much thought,and  long nights I have developed a
>>>systematic method to prevent and thwart exploits on my system!
>>>
>>>NEVER REBOOT!
>>>
>>>up and running for 876 days straight and have had no problems
>>>

>>Yeah, but what about Windowz boxes?

I've seen one (pdc) alive for +- 2 years. The administrator didn't
believe me when I sayd the latest issue (a stupid thing I don't remember
such as no authentication possible anymore) he was facing would
-probably- be solved by a reboot (My limited nt eperience is: reboot
twice (at least) watch the screen with 3-4 colleagues (at least) if the
issue is not solved by these 2 magic keys, spend some time but do not
spend too much time trying to understand what's happening::it's usually
a waste of time).

>Hum, how did you guess he isn't talking about a windows box ? 8-))

Did he meant neve reboot or never boot. In the 2nd case,I guess most of
you will agree. The same kind of things applys for infratructures: isn't
air gap firewalls one of te most secure piece of hardware?