From: randallm at fidmail.com (RandallM)
Subject: RE: Full-Disclosure antisemtism, -Steer it a bit back on topic-

Maarten,all,

I might add that security is a big part of this subject considering
cyber-war being implemented
>From both sides.

thank you
Randall M

<|>--__--__--
<|>
<|>Message: 6
<|>From: Maarten <fulldisc@...ratux.org>
<|>To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
<|>Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] antisemtism, FD and bandwidth
<|>- what I want out of it
<|>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:03:20 +0200
<|>
<|>On Thursday 22 July 2004 13:07, Harlan Carvey wrote:
<|>
<|>> Consider this...this is a public list and people will
<|>> knowing post off-topic.  Sometimes they'll even say,
<|>> "hey, this is off topic".  Now, what would happen if
<|>> you were sitting around having a couple of beers w/
<|>> your buddies and a friend of yours walked up and just
<|>> started talking about something that hand nothing
<|>> whatsoever to do with what you and your buds were
<|>> talking about?  Would you be the one to do that to
<|>> your friends?  How about a group of strangers?
<|>
<|>Except that in that social context you cannot really say there is no
<|>moderation.  Moderation will not be official, sure, but body
<|>language,
<|>awkward looks and maybe a wisecrack or two will most of the
<|>time quickly shut
<|>up that person.  Or they will continue their conversation in
<|>a smaller
<|>circle, all things that are impossible or at least difficult
<|>to do on a ML.
<|>On a mailinglist you can continue off-list, but that is a one-to-one
<|>conversation, not a fork like you can have in your bar scenario.
<|>Also, if the guy won't stop jabbing, you can all start to
<|>leave and continue
<|>elsewhere.  This doesn't happen on mailinglists, or at the
<|>very least it is a
<|>process that takes months to complete, instead of seconds.
<|>
<|>To steer a little bit back to on-topic, can we conclude that
<|>all computer
<|>systems in israel and the surrounding palestine territories
<|>are insecure ?
<|>Because, since all real security begins with _physical_
<|>security, one can
<|>easily argue that all those systems are notorously insecure.  ;-)
<|>
<|>Maarten
<|>
<|>--
<|>Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I
<|>guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER
<|>