From: arr at watson.org (Andrew R. Reiter)
Subject: broken virus / worm email has attachment not
 found by grisoft proxy scanner

I've seen binaries that resemble this situation lately as well.  If you
`strings` the binary, it has some strings that would lead you to believe
it's a PE file, ie. it contains UPX0 & UPX1 strings which are commonly
used as tghe section labels for PE files that are UPX packed.  However, if
you try to analyze the binary as a PE, even if you took the new executable
offset found in the DOS header as being valid, the values one would read
at the offset are bogus... just completely bogus.

I haven't done anymore investigation than this and apologize if this is
old info.