From: denis.mcmahon at ntlworld.com (Denis McMahon)
Subject: broken virus / worm email has attachment not found by grisoft proxy
 scanner

Hmm

I've had a couple of suspicious emails this week with headers, blank
line, a line of text, mime headers.

Thunderbird doesn't see the mime attachment due to the broken headers,
which is good, but nor does the grisoft email proxy scanner, which is
bad, especially as I guess that certain broken applications (no I don't
have outlook [express] on my system) might try and be snart and find the
attachment.

This might be broken malware sending unusable stuff out, but my worry is
that somene may have found a technique that will sneak an attachment
past some a-v scanners in a "broken" format that certain popular email
apps will try and fix, possibly putting active malware on the hard disk.

I tried to talk to grisoft about this, but all I get back is "you have
to pay to talk to us cheapskate" ... whilst I can agree that they might
not want to provide tech support to users of their free scanner, does
anyone have an email address at grisoft for submitting suspicious items
that have got past their proxy scanner?

Denis