From: Glenn_Everhart at bankone.com (Glenn_Everhart@...kone.com)
Subject: AV Naming Convention

So isn't this the reason CVE was created some time ago now?

Give the AV companies a bit of mercy though: they are called upon to
analyze virii with ever less lead time, and need to pick names sometimes
before full behavior is even known (as it seems to me from watching
them).

Given the time allowed to do this work, it seems a cross reference after
the fact is probably the best one can hope for.