From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: WIndows XP SP2 "breaks" things

<sigh>  All this has been well known in advace of the full release of SP2.
M$ and many third party application developers have been discussing this
openly, it's been on CNN for gawds sake...

What's troubling is not aht many endusers are going to find this out
somewhat blindly, the real concern is that those that should have known
for sometime are now finding this out, and thinking it's something new...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Ferris, Robin wrote:

> I havent heard about about this being a problem but will be testing this
> in the next few months, so thnxs for the heads up. M$ have said that SP2
> must be quote "tested, tested, tested and tested in your environment to
> see what it breaks" prior to installing it. Looks like some of Gregory
> customer got ahead of themselves! It is fairly easy to open up the
> windows firewall unlike the old ICF. So hopefully they will get it
> sorted soon.
>
> Just my 2 bobs worth
>
> RF

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.