From: visitbipin at yahoo.com (bipin gautam)
Subject: driver for display goes to a infinite loop by viewing a html!

hello 3APA3A,

>This problem is known for years.

>http://seclists.org/lists/vuln-dev/2001/Jun/0102.html
>http://www.security.nnov.ru/advisories/ie5freeze.asp?l=RU
>http://www.security.nnov.ru/files/ie5hang-nojs.asp

kinda coincidence but i doubt it... did you ever
discussed/noticed the VGA thing???

you just experimented it with a big resiged image,
fine!!! well but if you use a image width with more
than 7 char, the browser just ignores the
file.......... and hay it didn't crashed my system
with a image width of 99999999, but it crashed it with
a image width of 9999999 [8 charecter or more]
[i'ven't experimented with other digits!!!] but if you
have image width below that... it just freezes the
browser, mothing more!!! no system crashes, nothing
(O; [as in your case!!!]

ps: * SuSE 9 shows 100% CPU use, and the disk is very
active.

* A person wrote me, his linux used 100% cpu and dead
slow.

best regards,
bipin