From: devis at easynix.net (devis)
Subject: lame bitching about xpsp2

I am getting nimda probes because nimda from a start was made possible
by MS designing a web server full of damn holes ( read not tested,
deadlines, time is money ). Do not blame the people not patching their
boxes, as it is the problem today, but not the problem that caused it.
That is what i am talking about short term memory. Track problem at
their source instead of fixing now whats leaking., and will releak soon
another way. Aren't we likely to see a new worm attacking MS systems in
the next future ? Of course we will. Time to stop pretending computing
is easy just to sell their damn sofware, and educate people about
computer security, which is the reverse of what they have been doing,
for all these years. Applauding the change of direction ? I don't cause
it is higly hypocrit, otherwise the new pop up blocker of Internet
Explorer will block ALL popups.

Beside, the unix based permissions system has proven far superior, ask
apple. Still shameful that the default XP install, in 2004, at these
malware times, still logs you as an administrator . Would you feel safe
using ur *nix box as root everyday ? I wouldn't.

If Ms is really serious, they wouldn't design lame things from a start.
They do want you to have to patch. They do want you to consume and buy
plenty anti virus, personnal firewall etc etc. Don't beleive me ? Take a
look at the svchost.exe and how it werks.
So i hope SP2 will reduce these bogus traffic everyone sees.

Wake UP before its too LATE.
My 2 cents.