From: nix at syndicalist.net (Henrik Persson)
Subject: Automated ssh scanning

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 09:15, Richard Verwayen wrote:
> > Uhm. How do you mean, "fully patched"? What kernel were you running?
> Hello Henrik
>
> I am relying on the debian software distribution system, so it was there
> latest stable kernel-source for woody. So it was the latest debianised
> 2.4.19. Shouldn't I believe it secured against these exploits?

Well, you should, I guess.

I could grab all the kits (I think) from the net and I went trough
them.. do_mremap and brk and whatnot.. Can anyone else confirm that the
latest stable debian woody kernel (package from security.debian.org repo
I guess) is vulnerable?

Or can you, Richard, go trough the exploits and try to root your box?

I'm away from home and I only have my lappie here with linux 2.6.8.1.
And the exploits I tried didn't work here. :)

--
Henrik Persson <nix@...dicalist.net>