From: nobody at dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: U.S. National Security Awareness Day (NSAD)

At 06:48 PM 8/26/2004 -0400, Gideon T. Rasmussen, CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA wrote:
>Please join us in observing U.S. National Security Awareness Day (NSAD)
>on September 10th. There are continued threats to the security of the
>United States. Our security posture must continue to improve.

Instead of wasting time on this redundant circle jerk, maybe you could spend some energy sorting out all the other days/weeks/months dedicated to security awareness.

Google has 573 hits on "security awareness day."

Rhetorical question: Does anyone know of a day of the year when it is not someone's "security awareness day?" If they are not all taken, maybe I'll proclaim my own.

http://www.computersecurityday.org/

http://www.staysafeonline.info/

http://edtechoutreach.umd.edu/cyberawareness.html

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci956411,00.html