From: evil at g-house.de (Christian)
Subject: Viral infection via Serial Cable

?ber GuidoZ wrote:
> even though it's officially a serial connection... the assumtion is
> talking about RS232 specs: http://www.google.com/search?q=rs232 I
> think we're all aware a virus can most certainly traverse through a
> USB connection.)

hm, i fail to see the point here. isn't a serial connection to the
outside world "just another link"? who cares, if it is a serial
connection or ethernet? maybe i am biased with SLIP under linux - Serial
Line IP, so the serial device really gets an ip-address and then it's
tcp/ip all the way and no application/virus would care if this is
"serial link". or is all data just sent to "com1"?

thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #416: