From: jftucker at gmail.com (James Tucker)
Subject: Security & Obscurity: physical-world analogies

I agree with your points, however I have this to add (I apologise that
I must state this quickly):

1. To explain the full realm of cyber-space is a detailed task and
would require education at every level. We who are somewhere near (in
at least average population distribution of knowledge in the field)
the leading edge, have yet to understand every component at every
level of the systems we use. At some point, even we reach a level of
at least abstraction (commonly for us an Interface, and maybe this is
the key, Interfaces instead of analogies) or sometimes an analogy as
to how that component works. The time required to pass this knowledge
in full (furthermore to have it understood by all those concerned) is
much too long for practical consideration, let alone commercial
consideration.

2. It may as another solution also be possible to educate the audience
to not take the analogies too far, by pointing out how they may fall
down. Explain the "this scenario only" approach to the analogies.

Does this seem somewhat more reasonable?