From: fd_ml at kimmeringer.de (Lothar Kimmeringer)
Subject: Teen hacker controls ebay

Gaurang Pandya wrote:

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18288 Says, a teen
> hacker "he had managed to become the new owner of
> eBay.de." can any one tell me what do they mean by
> this..did he actually changed ip address at DNS or its
> DNS Cache poisioning or something else??

According to german news-tickers that are reporting
about that since last week, it was hacking by stupid
accident. The boy was filling out online-forms for
moving domains to another provider for amazon.de,
ebay.de and other big websites.

And to his big surprise the moving of ebay.de was
confirmed and he became the new owner of this name.

Who's fault this was is not known at the moment, but
it was not a real attempt of hacking EBay.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer                E-Mail: spamfang@...meringer.de

                  questions!