From: 3APA3A at SECURITY.NNOV.RU (3APA3A)
Subject: AV companies better hire good lawyers soon.

Dear Micheal Espinola Jr,

Symantec  incorrectly identifies 3proxy as a trojan. Now, please explain
me, HOW should I submit 3proxy to Symantec if I'm not Symantec user? All
attempts to contact Symantec failed. With Kaspersky AV it took few weeks
of  time,  private  contacts  with  KAV  developers  and mass media were
involved to correct this situation.

Any  Antivirus is dangerous. Antiviral company has greater control level
on your computer than developer of your OS. Microsoft tests it's patches
for months, in most cases you do additional testing before implementing.
Antiviral  developers  test  their  signatures in few minutes. You can't
check  any  update,  because  it's recommended to update bases every 3-4
hours.  Antiviral  bases  grow.  If situation doesn't change, finally we
will  have a risk of installing antiviral software to be comparable with
a  risk  of  not  having  one (I know real incidents of damage caused by
antiviral software of different vendors, not only Symantec, in corporate
networks).  One  mistake  of  tired developer on the late night can ruin
your network or result of your development.

I extremely hope this precedent to change antiviral vendor's approach to
testing and relations with software developers.

--
~/ZARAZA