From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

The myopic and narrow-minded view of respondants in
this forum never ceases to amaze me.  More often than
not, it's clear that the person responding is more
interested in disproving statements made by others,
rather than attempting to understand those statements.

So, ktabic, you want to know "how he compares to
Securepoint employing a known virus writer"?  Well, if
you had bothered to (a) watch the movie, or (b) read
anything more than simply one small portion of the web
site, you would have seen:

"In the private sector, he has designed the IPS
(Integrated Payment System) Official Check used in
place of cashiers checks. Thousands of financial
institutions issue the IPS Check over 300 million
times each year. Mr. Abagnale also designed and
developed SAFEchecks(TM) and Check Plus(TM) programs
that provide small and medium size businesses with an
inexpensive secure check. His expertise is retained by
Standard Register-USA, Leigh-Mardon-Australia and the
Pacific Rim, PRG-Schultz, Progeny Marketing,
Trilegiant Corp., Discover Financial Services, Inc.,
Audemars Piguet and many others."

It's all there...simply click on "Company" and you'll
see it.  Also, further down on the same page, you'll
see that his company's "services include: in-house
consulting, negotiable document reviews, document
design, specialized training and seminars...".

It's pretty clear, then, how this particular example
compares to the issue of a security firm hiring
someone who wrote malware.

If you need it spelled out in any more detail, please
feel free to contact me offline.