From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (Barry Fitzgerald)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author
 of  Sasser worm

Larry Seltzer wrote:

>>>If you don't really believe that the movie "Catch me if you can" was
>>>

>based on a true story, check out this site:
>http://www.abagnale.com/index2.asp
>
>I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I hope we're not
>comparing a genius like Abagnale to vandal like Jaschan, who only ever
>picked low-hanging fruit. Personally I think hiring a sociopath like
>Jaschan diminishes a company and I wouldn't trust them.

Some would say that the banking system was low hanging fruit.

I'm not assailing Abagnale nor his actions, but let's separate hollywood
from reality a bit.  The guy, for all intents and purposes, was a forger
and an identity thief.  Though he was very good at it, forging documents
isn't THAT difficult and identity theft can't be considered appropriate
in any sense, no matter how well it's done.

Abagnale was very smart, but Harlan's comparrison stands.

I'm not defending Jaschan either, but last I knew Jaschan wasn't
diagnosed as being a sociopath - so why slander the man (Mr.
"journalist")?  He wrote a worm.  Big freaking deal.  It's not an
endearing quality but it's also not like he's Hitler or something.
Let's put things in perspective here.

             -Barry