From: vh at helith.net (van Helsing)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of
 Sasser worm

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:33:47 -0500 (CDT)
Ron DuFresne <dufresne@...ternet.com> wrote:

> cool, another proponent of hiring criminals for security, might as
> well have reduced it to two words, Kevin Mitnick, at least then folks
> would have gotten a chuckle out of your reply! <gryn>.
>
> If we are going to just end up hiring these common criminals, why even
> try them in court?  We might as well tell the lamers to just insert
> then resumes into their bits of nasty code so they can be sought out
> directly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron DuFresne

Dear Ron...
The name Ron is very public in america, canada and some other english
countries so I exspect you're from such a country...
Please imagine that the autor of Sasser is NO criminal in germany.
He didn't break any german law with the his worm.
Just the fact that PCs reboot or wont work is something they try to
judge him for.
But even they try that: They'll fail.
Companies have to patch their systems so if a company get's infected by
a worm it can't blame the autor because there's a LAW that companies
have to secure their networks...
I hope you can NOW imagine why he's no criminal and you're just another
english-speaking idiot wich dosn't read any german law wich are also
avaiable (translated in some languages) in english.

And criminals...
In France it's criminal to write exploits.... w000...
Ain't we all criminals?
Remember L0th, Rhino9, 29a, Teso, THC... "criminals" are all around, or?

So come down "Mr. Judgeman" and imagine that other countries have other
laws.

And a little example so that also you can understand it:
You judge somebody for the things he did, ok. But you didn't judge the
stupid administrators.It's like judging a guy who punshed you... it's
ok. But you don't judge the policeman who was 2 Meters away?
Or: You judge the robber but not the guy who dosn't closed the door of
his car?
That's why he can't be judged and I hope he will be free.

And now come down and remember the good old times of Kevin Mitnick
(another criminal, am I right?).

And I hope that even our english speaking readers wont comment this
topic anymore and close it. Otherwise we can start talking about politic
and the criminal who's the president of the USA.

vh